Routes Rising from the ashes of history, in the large peninsula that forms the southern shore of the mythical great harbor of Syracuse and, reclining further south, the peninsula consists of Plemmirio, a place mentioned in the history of mankind, and by Thucydides, Aeneid, by Virgil. And ‘one of the older building in 1897, renovated the edge of the road that, by connecting with the Via Elorina, leaving Syracuse, reaches coastal areas that make up the aforementioned peninsula, all to aim the sea, so named: Arenella, Milocca, Fanusa , Terrauzza, Capo Murro di Porco, districts Maddalena Island and Sacramento; the latter, overlooking the harbor of Syracuse Grande.
Hotel Villa Fanusa found within a few miles from Syracuse, about 4, on the lands of black and pasty Milocca, Contrada Fanusa, now lush citrus; a long, shady and wooded, to safeguard the peninsula described; incorporated in the Marine Protected Plemmirio. Those who come to look for the story, turns out to find himself in the origin of human history; indeed the place, a few hundred meters away from the hotel, is full of settlements and attendance Paleolithic, Neolithic: in the Terrauzza and the cliffs of the Costa Blanca, and attendance Archaic of the sixth century BC – The quarry yellowish limestone of Terrauzza, allowed to build the Greek temples of Jupiter and Apollo, and the first houses of ancient Syracuse.
Hotel Villa Fanusa, in his inner district, has the same perfumes that breathed the Carthaginian troops, when in 396 BC decided to camp, also in the area Milocca, to encircle siege Syracuse. It is in a place full of life, charm and mysticism; being littered with ruins scattered throughout the area, some still to be exploited. Around the seventh century BC the peninsula Plemmirio was pervaded by religious fervor, favored by the hospitality and serenity of the place and the presence of significant caves, also overlooking the sea, where there were many hermits and religious love prayer and solitude contemplative. You remember, for all, in the fourteenth century, the Blessed Frederic Campisano, that the miracles attributed, to his death in 1335, was buried in the Cathedral of Syracuse.
Found near the sea, and is the crossroads of major tourist routes diversified, in addition to what is described in the place and, therefore, is crucial well-schedule time to enjoy a relaxing continuous and lasting, as the archaeological and monumental heritage of the area and the surrounding area, unique in the world.
In Summer del’43 to “Fanusa Milocca” and surroundings, (Paul writes Coriglione – Mediterranean Editions Syracuse). On the night of July 9, 1943, in the farms “Goldsmith” and “Pozzo di Massa” of Contradas Siracusane Fanusa and Milocca, witnessed clashes between the troops and the Italian army Ally. The dead were counted in tens and farmers bother to bury the bodies, in the countryside of Syracuse. Just from the small Contrada Fanusa, began the long journey of liberation and towards a path of larger human affairs!
Hotel Villa Fanusa, allegedly was one of two farms indicated by the author, that of Pozzo di Massa.